Assistant Store Manager
January 6, 2017
At 99 Cents Only Stores, LLC, we are recruiting talented individuals for the position of Assistant Store Manager. 99 Cents Only Stores is a unique extreme value retailer of primarily name brand consumables and general merchandise. We provide an exciting primary shopping destination for value-conscious consumers, and a fun treasure-hunt shopping experience for individuals and families in our communities! Our corporate associates support our stores in delivering an exemplary experience to customers with a fun, friendly and energetic approach, resourceful problem-solving, and innovating ideas that bring great products at great value to families throughout the communities we serve. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision plans, an outstanding 401K plan, and fantastic career opportunities! If this sounds like your next career step, read on!
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is responsible for driving the stores merchandising strategy through presentation, product selection, inventory, display and disposal to generate profitable store growth. The ASM will partner with the Shift Lead to run daily operations in the absence of the Store Manager. This person must have strong training and communication skills, and should be able to manage projects from inception to completion. The ASM will ensure that customer needs and expectations are met through optimal product selection and visual merchandising throughout the store while managing the 99¢ Only Stores brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with daily store functions and activities including opening/closing and intensive freight processing
- Motivating, Training, and coaching of associates
- Promoting sales, scheduling to business needs, operating the store within allowed payroll budget and productivity guidelines
- Protecting company assets, implementing and executing all company programs and expectations
- Maintaining standards of merchandising and visual presentation including store signage to maximize sales
- Delegating and supervising duties for a shift team
- Effectively leading from the floor, modeling a positive work attitude and habits, and helping employees develop their skills
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures including safety guidelines
- Diplomatically handling employee and customer concerns while interfacing with the corporate office
- Encouraging a great team environment in the store
- Covering additional duties assigned by the Store Manager
Skills and Requirements
- High School Diploma required.
- 2+ yrs. experience merchandising a 99¢ Only Stores or equivalent experience
- Must have a general understanding of store P&L (Profit and Loss)
- Self-starter with the ability to exceed performance expectations
- Ability to train and lead associates on store best practices in order to manage day to day operations
- Execute 99¢ Only Stores visual merchandising standards as measured by regular audits
- Ability to lift one to five pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to constantly stand, bend and reach with a moderate amount of manual dexterity
- Availability to work all shifts – occasionally overnight
99 Cents Only Stores, LLC operates nearly 400 stores in California, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada, and employs over 16,000 individuals proudly serving their communities! 99 Cents Only Stores, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
99 Cents Only Stores is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.