Baldwin Park, CA
January 11, 2017
99 Cents Only Stores is a unique deep-discount retailer of primarily name-brand consumables and general merchandise. We provide an exciting primary shopping destination for price-sensitive consumers and a fun treasure-hunt shopping experience for other value-conscious consumers. Our merchandise encompasses a wide array of name brand closeouts and regularly available consumable products including food and beverages such as produce, deli, and other basic grocery items. 99 Cents Only Stores is a multi-state, extreme value retailer with over 17,000 employees and approximately $2 billion in annual revenue.
Pictured: another new 99 Cents Only Store opening. We have just under 400 stores across the Southwest and are pursuing continued strong growth.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an energetic, upbeat and goal-oriented leader who can motivate and coach a team to success. Additionally, to be a good fit for this opportunity, you will have:
- 5+ years of retail and management experience Quick question for you – click here
- A background in dealing with hardline merchandise
- The skill to manage all daily store functions and activities including opening/closing, conducting cycle counts, and intensive freight processing
- The ability to recruit, hire, train, motivate and mentor associates Quick question for you – click here
- The ability to promote sales, schedule to business needs, and operate the store within the allowed payroll budget and productivity guidelines
- A team player mentality and proven accomplishments in developing high performance teams; your team management skills should include:
- Performance coaching
- Group development skills
- Self-motivation, drive and a strong work ethic
- The skill to display professionalism while maintaining a safe and friendly environment for customers and associates
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced team environment
- Grocery experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus Quick question for you – click here
You should also be flexible with your work schedule and availability, including the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed. You’ll work an average of 10 1/2 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Reporting to a District Manager, as Store Manager you will serve as the key leader for the business and take point on a variety of store-wide activities including scheduling, ordering, merchandising and delegating responsibilities. You’ll be involved in all aspects of operations, from ensuring freight is unloaded on time and product is on the shelves, to hiring and training employees. Our stores typically employ anywhere from 25 to 40 mostly part-time team members.
This is a hands-on role where you will lead from the floor, stepping in to help wherever needed, and building a team-oriented atmosphere where everyone is ready to help beyond their job description to ensure each customer has an enjoyable shopping experience.
You’ll be running a multi-million dollar business, managing the store budget and delivering on a multitude of responsibilities. At the same time you’ll be willing to step in and help unload a pallet, jump on a cash register to assist a customer and act as a visible leader within the store. We’re looking for a Store Manager who is eager to lead by example.
As Store Manager, you will be responsible for:
- All daily store functions and activities, including opening/closing, conducting cycle counts, and intensive freight processing
- Recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and coaching of associates
- Promoting sales, scheduling to business needs, and operating the store within allowed payroll budget and productivity guidelines
- Guiding, mentoring and delegating key responsibilities to the Assistant Manager and Key Holder
- Protecting company assets, implementing and executing all company programs and expectations
- Providing required reports, documents, and memos
- Maintaining standards of merchandising and visual presentation, including store signage, to maximize sales
- Planning, communicating, executing, and following up on a daily basis to ensure completion of required tasks
- Effectively leading from the floor, modeling a positive work attitude and habits, and helping employees develop their skills
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures including safety guidelines
- Diplomatically handling employee and customer concerns while interfacing with the corporate office
- Encouraging a great team environment in the store
- Covering additional duties as assigned by the District Manager
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Video: we keep our customers informed and engaged by sharing seasonal features, craft projects, and special sales, from back to school items to spring planting tips to everything you need for a great Fourth of July weekend or holiday season.
Why 99 Cents Only Stores
Career opportunities — with our strong growth we anticipate a number of opportunities for advancement for our proven performers. The next step from this role would be to a District Manager position.
Team culture — while associates and leadership all have specific responsibilities, we take a team approach to service. In our team culture we all help out where we can in order to create a great customer experience. You’ll help build the culture by promoting an upbeat, team-oriented atmosphere.
Customer commitment — at 99 Cents Only Stores, we are committed to our customers’ safety and satisfaction, as well as to helping lead the way to a healthy way of life for people of all income levels. We strongly believe quality perishable foods need not be limited to those who can afford to shop at higher price stores.
Environmentally responsible / community oriented — we are committed to recycling and reusing materials to promote better environmental stewardship. As part of our “Reverse Logistics” program, our goal is to recycle and reuse what we can. For example, cardboard, plastic shrink wrap, plastic bags and metal fixtures are recycled and used to make new products. The 99 Cents Only Stores chain is considered a major cardboard recycler in the United States.
Our efforts don’t stop with recycling, reusing and reducing. We recently leased 40 compressed natural gas (CNG) powered tractors to replace our oldest diesel burning rigs. Additionally, we have partnered with the American Heart Association by sponsoring several Heart Walks in California and Texas throughout the year to raise awareness about cardiovascular illnesses and promote a healthy lifestyle.
Strong market — we enjoy strong business during tough and good economic times. In fact, we have an aggressive growth strategy and are rapidly expanding in the states we serve — California, Arizona, Nevada and Texas.
Excellent compensation — in addition to a competitive wage, we offer medical, dental, vision, life and other insurances, a 401(k) savings and retirement plan with a company match, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, holidays and personal days, and more.
What makes 99 Cents Only Stores unique among dollar stores is that we also offer fresh healthy produce.
Keys to Success
You will have the opportunity to directly influence the store’s success through your management and leadership skills, training efforts, hands-on support, and positive outlook. Our stores are fast-paced and high-volume, so your team will continuously remain in motion stocking shelves, ringing up purchases, answering questions and providing exceptional customer service. It’s an atmosphere where you’ll need to be skilled at delegation and managing multiple priorities.
To be an outstanding Store Manager, you will be hands-on and maintain visibility on the floor, but also have the strategic mindset to focus on the larger initiatives, store goals, and the development of your team. Strong teams are well-trained and have individual members who are invested in performance success, and who smile! A customer service-centric approach should be a key element of your training and leadership style.
About 99 Cents Only Stores
With more than 30 years of operating experience, 99 Cents Only Stores is the leading operator of extreme value retail stores in the southwestern United States. We currently operate just under 400 extreme value retail stores in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Texas.
Our stores are attractively merchandised, clean, full-service shopping destinations that offer customers significant value on a wide selection of quality products from everyday household items to fresh produce to an exciting assortment of seasonal and party merchandise including decorations, costumes and gifts. We price the majority of items at 99 cents or less.
We believe that our differentiated merchandise mix, combined with outstanding value, enable us to appeal to a broad consumer demographic, increase overall traffic and frequency of customer visits, as well as strengthen customer loyalty. Our stores do over four times the sales volume and are significantly larger than traditional dollar stores, enabling us to offer a wider assortment of merchandise and provide customers with a spacious, comfortable shopping experience.
Pictured: our merchandise includes products from major brands such as Frito Lay, Nestlé, Quaker, 3M, Crest, Dole, and others. Ours is a freight-heavy environment with a continuous flow of merchandise.
99 Cents Only Stores is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.