At 99 Cents Only Stores, LLC, we are recruiting talented individuals for the position of Front End Shift Lead.
99 Cents Only Stores is a unique extreme value retailer of primarily name brand consumables and general merchandise. We provide an exciting primary shopping destination for value-conscious consumers, and a fun treasure-hunt shopping experience for individuals and families in our communities! Our corporate associates support our stores in delivering an exemplary experience to customers with a fun, friendly and energetic approach, resourceful problem-solving, and innovating ideas that bring great products at great value to families throughout the communities we serve. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision plans, an outstanding 401K plan, and fantastic career opportunities! If this sounds like your next career step, read on!
The Shift Lead will be responsible for the store and crew when the Store Manager and Assistant Manager are not in the store. The Shift Lead will lead and mentor the cashier and stocking crew from a hands-on position, modeling outstanding customer service skills, delegating responsibility and managing employee issues and assuring a great customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Store Manager and Assistant Manager with protecting company assets, and implementing and executing all company programs and expectations
• Assisting in keeping the store flowing smoothly and efficiently in order to help increase sales and productivity
• Assist with training of hourly associates, primarily cashiers
• Maintain customer service standards
• Assist Store Manager with cashier schedules
• Manage cashier performance
• Following all company policies and procedures
• Diplomatically handling employee and customer concerns when in charge of the store
• Encouraging a great team environment
• Covering additional duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
1 year of experience in a leader role
Proven ability to multi-task including adjusting and managing multiple priorities
Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Ability to work a flexible work schedule
Self-motivated and ability to work in a team environment
Availability to work all shifts – occasionally overnight
99 Cents Only Stores, LLC operates nearly 400 stores in California, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada, and employs over 16,000 individuals proudly serving their communities! 99 Cents Only Stores, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.