Assistant Store Manager - Store #373 job in Laveen, AZ – The 99 Only Store
You are here: Home / Assistant Store Manager - Store #373 job in Laveen, AZ – The 99 Only...
Let’s Get This Party Started!
Assistant Store Manager – Store #373
Job No.: 22851041
Job Category: Store Operations
Location: Laveen, AZ
Posted Date: March 17, 2023
Our Promise to you is….OPPORTUNITY
Join Us at the 99 and together we’ll grow your skills, develop your career and build your best future
Now Hiring, Weekly Pay, Full Benefits
Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is responsible for driving sales through the stores merchandising strategy presentation, cycle counting, inventory controls, display and disposal to generate profitable store growth.
This person must have strong training and communication skills and should be able to manage projects from start to completion. The ASM will ensure that customer needs and expectations are met through optimal product selection,
visual merchandising & execution of high level of friendly helpful service, throughout the store. The ASM is also responsible to ensure the store follows all operational policies and procedures and will demonstrate high standard of shrink control in all areas of the store. ASM is responsible to ensure front end operations and service are executed at a high level daily through training, coaching and following all company checkout guidelines.
- Maintaining standards of merchandising and visual presentation including store signage to maximize sales
- Daily execution of a high standard of operational policy and procedures
- Assisting with daily store functions and activities including opening/closing and intensive freight processing.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service at the checkouts and on the sales floor
- Ensure all training is scheduled and completed within allotted time frame for all associates.
- Promoting sales, scheduling to business needs, operating the store within allowed payroll budget and productivity guidelines
- Protecting company assets, implementing and executing all company programs and expectations
- Delegating and supervising duties for a shift team
- Effectively leading from the floor, modeling a positive work attitude and habits, and helping employees develop their skills.
- Encouraging a great team environment in the store
- Covering additional duties assigned by the Store Manager
- Manage/ lead recovery process to ensure store maintains high standards all day including store ready at open.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures including safety guidelines and timely/proper reporting of incidents
- Diplomatically handling employee and customer concerns while interfacing with the support center
- Abide to the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls as applicable to your function within the organization.
- High School Diploma required; AA Degree preferred.
- Must have a general understanding of store P&L (Profit and Loss)
- Self-starter with the ability to exceed performance expectations.
- Ability to train and lead associates on store best practices in order to manage day to day operations.
- Execute 99¢ Only Stores visual merchandising standards as measured by regular audits
- Ability to lift one to five pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to constantly stand, bend and reach with a moderate amount of manual dexterity.
- 2+ yrs. experience merchandising a 99¢ Only Stores or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to exceed performance expectations
- Results Driven: Meeting sales, shrink, scrap, labor targets and expense control
- Customer Focus: Meets the needs of customers with friendly service, safety, product availability, and cleanliness.
- Being Resilient and Flexible: Overcomes setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to company policies productivity standards.